Thursday, June 30, 2005

For Ireland

Liquid threads of colour
Pool across a palette of infinite dimension
Stretching the breadth of human emotion with its thundrous vitality
A canvas of serene sacredness and raw power:
Rolling fields slumber in tranquility, embraced by tangled bushes,
Frothing water of a laundered bed --
A masquerade of faeries shimmering in a wonderland of mist and spray.
Fierce strongholds boldy curse time's passing hand.
They whisper to me tales of their childhood
Of swords and magic and kings.
Standing in the recesses of your spirit
Nature and myth collide in waking dream
Reviving my senses from numb apathy.
I run my fingers along the rough Celtic legends
To suck the marrow of my paramour.
I will revel in the silken coolness of your breath
and forever rest in the arms of your ardent lullaby.
I am home.

It still needs some editing.. but I'll sit on it for a while. In the mean time, here's the first draft.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph!

I've really got nothing to say here, I just wanted to be able to say that I posted on your blog. So in posting this message, i can say that I did it! Question: Why is your blog page called the Eagle and Child?

cheers,
tom

stephanie said...

TOM!!!
I was so excited to see that you posted on my blog!!!!!!! How ARE you??? Yeah, yeah, yeah. As for the Eagle and Child... weeelll... that's a long story. Actually, no, it's not that long -- the Eagle and Child is a pub in Oxford England where C.S Lewis and JRR Tolkien and company used to meet to discuss all sorts of things. Being a huge fan of both of those authors and having been there... I named my blog that. See, not really that long of a story. SO there you have it. From me to you. :)

Anonymous said...

hey stepher - this is your sis writing from Darwin. I forget my blogger account name so I'll be "anonymous". dun dun dun... i love your poem (and Ireland) and just wanted to post for fun because I have heaps of time. okay, sooo.. Love you and I hope your life is full of excitment and sunshine