Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Shakespeare and me

So it's been pointed out to me on a number of occasions that I haven't updated in a while. This is true. I have written a couple of "let's update my blog!" blogs.. but somehow they never ended up being finished. So this one will. Because I am at work and have nothing else to do (besides eating my lunch, which is what I am also doing). Another reason I haven't been blogging is because I really haven't been home. After finishing all brutal essays, portfolios, and exams, I went home for the weekend. Then I worked at Redeemer for a week, while also going to rehearsals and painting sets for The Complete Works show. The following two weeks were the show, the show and nothing but the show (except for one day in which I worked 12 hours straight at Redeemer -- so gross). And now that is done and so I am in Cambridge, working at my lovely office job. Fun times.
So the show. Was FANTASTIC. I pity anyone who couldn't come out to see it. We played six nights and two matinées. Of those six nights, three sold out and the other three were over half full. The matinées were full high school audiences. And we were doing it. We were working as a professional (albeit amateur) theatre company. And in all flippin' honesty, I couldn't have asked for a more AMAZING group of people to work with. I remember thinking once while we were working around the theatre: "I am so lucky" and by lucky I mean blessed abundantly. We worked so well together and we just had a ton of fun. The guys got praised up the wazoo for their work and they totally deserved it, and of course the ladies in the company just smiled because we know they couldn't have done much without us. :) Oh yeah. So the experience was fantastic and now we're taking some time for the summer and figuring out what we want to do next. You better believe that I will be on stage for the next show!

2 comments:

LStew said...

clapping my hands in response to everything.

Anonymous said...

Hello all


Use http://www.BuySellDirect.net new advance ebay website. to sell your new and used products to your local market only and/or the international market. You can even charge taxes for your local market. It is a free service to buyers and sellers.


Do you think ebay should be free also like http://www.BuySellDirect.net to sell your products?