Sunday, August 22, 2004

Exactly what time is it???

Hello from Holland!
It is currently 12:30 Am on August 23.. so that means it’s about 6:00 in the afternoon in Ontario…. Supper time! That explains why I was mowing down on the chips!
Well, I got through my first airplane ride.. It was beautiful! I love flying! It is the craziest feeling in the world .. I can’t even begin to describe it. One minute you’re on the ground going crazy speeds.. the next you’re off the ground and looking at all the scenery. I never knew Toronto had so many trees! This can’t be too long because my mom wants to go to bed and the computer is in her room. Blech. What can I say about Holland??? It is soo beautiful! I love it here.. I’m staying with my aunt and uncle … they live in a adorable little house – both yards are covered in flowers and shrubs and beside the house is a sloten (that is what it is called in Dutch I believe – it is a canal of sorts) and on the other side are cows grazing on an open field – no more than two feet away! It’s amazing… It is soo peaceful and serene.
Tomorrow (or I guess today) we are leaving for Drente and Friesland which are the places where my parents were born. I don’t know how much blogging I’ll be able to do. So far internet access has been difficult because my aunt and uncle don’t have cable and the internet has been very frustrating. Jet lag wasn’t too bad.. I slept a lot yesterday  We’ve done a lot of walking and it’s so wonderful!
Anyways I must be going.. We wrote a much longer blog two hours ago but it didn’t make it through. FRUSTRATING. We love it here and I hope I can write more later.
I saw my first windmill today! Very cool!
Love you all
Steph

No comments: