Thursday, December 30, 2004

Christmas Time

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!
First semester of the year 2004/05 is done! On Tuesday, December 21 at roughly 3:00 PM, I handed in my last paper and I was free!!!!! Man did that feel good. :) Now I have next semester to look forward to.. uggh. Next semester is not going to be pretty: Reformational Theology (a 3 hour night course), Canadian Literature, Communications, Environmental science (with a 3 hour lab on top of the regular course), Philosophy of Aesthetics, and 19th Century Drama (which should be a great course but it's third year level and it's at 8:00 AM... grrr). So as you can see, I'm just chomping at the bit to get back to Redeemer!
I'm actually surprised I made it out of 1st semester alive... okay, maybe a strong statement, but I definately worked myself to inhumane lengths. I pulled 3 all-nighters in the last 2 weeks before exams... and I don't think I got to bed before 2:30/3:00 AM once.. not counting exam time of course. I was so sleep deprived that I actually made myself sick to the point where I was throwing up.. pleasant. That also made it harder to get the rest of my papers done because it took me two days to recover. Man, what school will do to you.
My exams went okay. I had rather a bummy schedule ... I had my first exam at 2:00 on Wed. Dec. 15.. History 107. It went alright even though I didn't have alot of time to study cause I had to finish a paper for noon on the tuesday.. second exam was the next day at 9:00 AM.. so no real time to study there either.. that was English 257 though so that was okay. The third exam was the day after English so I had three exams in a row.. it was also at 9:00 AM and man was it a doozy. It was for History 104.. a first year course. I don't think they should make first year course exams that hard. This one was rather brutal and unnecessarily long. Verrrry agrivating. My last exam was on Monday afternoon at 2:00 PM. Theatre 226.. not too difficult. But yeah, we'll see how my marks turned out. :)
Christmas holidays have been wonderful. I haven't really caught up on sleep as I thought I would but the fun times been worth it. Christmas day was spent with the family --- alot of fun. My brother and his wife couldn't be there which sucked, but I got to talk to them on the phone so that was really nice. My neice and nephew were so cute and so much fun. I've simply loved spending so much time with them. My neice speaks like a four year old (she's only 2 and a 1/2) and she is just sooo sweet. My nephew is the cutest little boy, even though he can be a bit cranky. But when he's happy and giggling and making noises.. man what a heart-breaker. :) The girls will be lining up for him I tell ya.
I've also been spending time with alot of good friends too so that has been great fun. It's always nice to catch up with old friends during the holidays and find out what they've been doing and pick up where you left off. I don't know if I'll be able to see everybody I want to so that rather bites but I'm enjoying seeing the ones that I've seen. :)
My eyelids are drooping. I'm tired. I'm sick of being tired. But what can you do. My mom thinks that sleeping past 9:30 is a crime so it's early mornings for me. :)
Oh... and I deeply and passionately despise and loathe dentists. I think putting people through that much pain with sharp metal tools that make horrid scraping noises should be illegal. Either that or I should be exempt from the system. Take your pick oh ye dentists of the world... or just Cambridge. What ever you choose won't really make me like you more though. I don't think it's humanly possible for me to ever like the dentist.


No comments: