Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Not another love song

Why does it seem like everyone and their uncle is hooking up? It seems like the latest news from everyone that I talk to is that they're now going out with someone or getting married to someone. I know that in my last blog I said I was satisfied with being single, but the truth of the matter is that it is very hard to stay satisfied under these conditions. Yes, I'm in a little of a love phase.. and I don't like it. I feel like I'm in grade 7 again, pining over boys who will never return my affections. I thought I was over this. It doesn't help that I seem to only attract guys with whom I have no romantic attraction (except for the only one who came the closest to dating me). I just want to find someone to laugh with, to pray with, to share with, and to lean on. Someone who can somehow find it in themselves to love little old impossible me for who I am. I know God already has someone for me (Lord willing) but I just want a little reassurance. I want to be able to hold someone and touch them and know that that touch means something unbelievably special to them. I don't need to be married any time soon (I have way to much learning to do before that), I just want to share life with someone and know that they want to share it with me too -- and at least see marriage as an OPTION in my future.
Lord, give me a little patience.

No comments: