Tuesday, April 11, 2006

One more week.....

man, being busy and stressed is entirely overrated. I mean, it's great working keeps me occupied and far from bored. But honestly, enough with the school already. Well, okay, that's not true. As soon as I'm done and have been out for a couple of weeks I know I am going to despirately miss being intellectually stimulated.. but for the moment, I need sleep.
On a wonderfully happy note, I just discovered the beauty and talent that is Virginia Woolf. I have finished reading Mrs. Dalloway, and I am so enthralled and captivated by this book! Her style is just so melodious and under the surface... it was almost addicting. I mean it was so tiring to read and you can get so overwhelmed with thought and style, but then when you put it down and it just simmers in your brain, it really is moving. I am writing my second last essay on it, comparing it to the movie "the Hours" ... which I recently rewatched (makes sense.. since I'm writing a paper on it..) and developed a new appreciation for the movie. So much culture. So much fun.
One more week of papers and exams. And then I'm done. And the fun can begin.

1 comment:

LStew said...

you're a nerd.