Sunday, April 16, 2006

SICK OF PAPERS. WANT TO WATCH MOVIES.

Funny enough, in the last two weeks the ratio of papers to movies has been 3 to 5. Well, okay, one doesn't really count because I watched it for a paper. All movies were excellent uses of my time too, which makes me even more happy. Nothing worse than sitting down to watch a movie when you should be working on a paper and then the movie sucks. Recent watches: The Hours (for the paper), Edward Scissorhands (oh Tim Burton), Everything is Illuminated (hilarious movie.. Elijah Wood is so enjoyable) and Chelsea Walls (an arts movie directed by Ethan Hawke... crazy movie -- I loved it), and The Man (watched this one with the fam... it had some really funny moments.. Eugene Levy is down right funny). Recent papers: a one act play for playwriting (I wrote it based on a short story that I wrote for my creative writing class -- turned out decent enough), a paper comparing the social criticism of Mrs. Dalloway and The Hours (I wrote that one in 24 hours... 3500 words.. 1000 words over the minimum oops), and a paper on the destruction of hierarcy in CS Lewis' That Hideous Strength.... any one bored to tears yet?
Well, the last one isn't done yet. Could only go home for one day for Easter becuase I have this essay due on Wednesday, and I have exams Tuesday through Thursday.. then, thankfully, I'm done. But heaven help me get through these next few days. Oh school.
Cheers

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Chelsa Walls, eh? Sounds good...
crazy to think that the semester is almost done! Now that I'm out of school and measure time by seasons (like normal people)it seems to be going by quicker.

Oh my. What a world.
Thanks for your post, Steph. Will keep in touch!