Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Oh those brits

So lately I've been going through a British TV phase. It started with the British version of The Office. Brilliant. So funny and yet so awkward and so completely different from the American version. From there, I started watching A Bit of Fry and Laurie (seriously, how much do I love Hugh Laurie) and Extras (how much do I love Ricky Gervais)... and now, through the suggestions of my brother and sister-in-law, I've been watching Jeeves and Wooster, and I'm hooked on The IT Crowd. Trish and I also spent the way home from New Jersey listening to the Hitchhiker's Guild to the Galaxy radio series.
It's a crying shame that there's only six episodes per season there. But I guess that's the European way vs. the American way: quality vs. quantity.

Okay, okay, so I'm exaggerating a little. We can't forget House.

2 comments:

Ali said...

oooh house.

that's all.

Brett Alan Dewing said...

Yeah, I've been lamenting the British 6-episode season (thought they call them series, don't they?) this week, too.