Thursday, November 16, 2006

a film, an autograph, and a song.. oh yes and clothing

Another busy week! We've been working like mad on our final film -- "Hiding an Egg. Seeking a Friend", which means that my weekends are NON-EXISTANT. We filmed for another two 10-12 hour days on Sat. and Sun. so it ends up feeling like Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my weekend.. which are the days we have class so even then it's not all that much of a break. Still, class takes up much less time than filming does. It's looking good though. Looking good.
In other exciting news I got to meet some really cool actors from the Christopher Guest movies. I went to a preview screening of "For Your Consideration" which is Chris' newest movie. I wasn't able to see all of it, but seriously. These people are geniuses of comedy. I came in halfway through the movie, and within a couple of minutes I was laughing, not even knowing what was going on. After the movie, there was a Q&A with Fred Willard (the travel agent husband in Waiting for Guffman -- a man that I find HILARIOUS), Jane Lynch (the lesbian lover in "Best in Show"), Jennifer Coolidge (Reese Witherspoon's friend in "Legally Blond", the one that ends up marrying the UPS guy), and Harry Shearer (I don't know him as well because he's in "This is Spinal Tap" and I haven't seen that one yet). So I got to chat with them and get their autographs! :) Eek!
I'm also VERY VERY excited because I am going to see IMOGEN HEAP in concert!!!! :) YIPPEE!!! She is seriously one of my most favourite female vocalists. It's probably between her and Sarah McLachlan.. so I was on her website and in the spirit of tours (Josh Groban starts his in Jan!) I decided to look at her tour... and low and behold she's doing a concert in LA on Dec. 1!! So I press Buy Tickets -- and even better, the tickets cost 25$!!!! Wahoo!! So I phone up my friend Sarah and ask her if she wants to go.. she says yes. So we ordered the tickets and now we're going!! Fan-flipping-tastic! I'm so excited!
Funny, everything I was wearing on Tuesday got complimented on by random strangers (except my flipflops, which are in such a state of disarray that if anyone complimented them they would have to be demented)... despite the competitive nature of this business, people here are very willing to give out compliments, and do so quite regularly, especially in regards to clothing or hair.. it's materialistic, but somewhat gratifying. It makes you feel good. People should do that more often.

2 comments:

Brett Alan Dewing said...

You are seriously Too Cool. I can't take how awesome your life is. You rock.

Anonymous said...

HALLO STEPHANIE. I may or may not have a ticket to see Josh Groban in Feb. in London, ON. I may have to eat tuna and KD for the next month, but who cares, yanno? Anyway, everytime I see the ticket confirmation printout on the fridge, I think of you. It's like, double the awesome, because I think of Josh and then, BAM, I'm thinking of Steph, and. Okay, I'm a nerd. WHATEVER.

Enjoy the sun and the warm and the famous people, mmmmkay?

LOVE, Amy