Monday, November 27, 2006

no kissing for me any time soon

I burnt my lip. Not like, "oh crap that soup was too hot ouch" burnt my lip, but like "I have small blisters on my lip" burnt my lip. It hurts. Thankfully, it doesn't look gross or anything (hallelujah!) but it still hurts. How does one do such a thing? Well, I kind of ate fire. Ha ha. Yep. A bunch of us decided to go to the beach last night and have a camp fire and roast hotdogs and marshmellows (but not together). I love it -- having a night at the beach in November. :) Well, anyway, I decided to roast a marshmellow.... I was doing so, when it caught on fire (as they tend to do). I whipped the marshmellow up towards my face to blow it out.... and, well, I overestimated the amount of space between where the marshmellow was and where my face was.... so I ended up kind of sucking the fire into my mouth (which put it out... ) and planting the burnt marshmellow right on my bottom lip. Needless to say, hot burning marshmellow is not that comfortable on a lip, especially when it sticks there. Fun times, fun times.
It was thanksgiving here in the US of A. Kind of odd celebrating thanksgiving so late.. but it was a really nice break. That is a great thing about US thanksgiving -- they get a four-day weekend. We had a big thanksgiving dinner with about 20 of us that stayed behind for the holiday, it was a fun time of food and fellowship.. and food. Yum yum.. so much food. Over the rest of the weekend we went to the fashion district, Universal Citywalk, beach twice (both times were rather chilly.. but c'mon, it is november) and hung out with friends. It was a lot of fun. Wanted to get to Disneyland, but me thinks that that will not happen on this trip. Maybe next time.
In other news, I have become addicted to The Office. The American version, not the British one. Not because the American one is better or anything, but only because I don't have access to the British one. I really can't afford to be addicted to anymore shows. But seriously, the show is hilarious and if I were to enjoy a romantic relationship vicariously through TV, Pam and Jim's (as frustrating as it can be) would be near the top of my list. Acutually, it might be at the top of my list. I want a Jim. :)
I will be home in less than two weeks. Eek! Very weird to think about.

No comments: