Tuesday, June 20, 2006

listfully acted

Due to my communication with the LAFSC (Los Angeles Film Studies Centre --- my school next semester) group, I have compiled a list of my top ten actors/actresses. Inspired by Brett Dewing (though without his "preciseness") I have decided to post them here as well, since I spent most of my morning putting it together (while doing multiple other officey-type things, I assure you). It is not ten people exactly, for some actors I have put together because I like them an equal amount and I thought both should be in my top ten. But it's my list so I make the rules. Plus, this will show to my lovely but ignorant roomates that, contrary to popular belief, I do indeed like some female actors. Around ten in fact.

::Actors:: (separated into top 5, than subsequent esteemed actors --both groups are in no particular order)
1. Joaquin Pheonix
2. Tom Wilkinson
3. Johnny Depp
4. Adrien Brody
5. Geoffrey Rush/Kevin Spacey
-----------------
6. Viggo Mortensen
7. Paul Bettany
8. Colin Firth
9. Liam Neeson/Anthony Hopkins
10. Hugh Laurie/Robert Sean Leonard (both of these men get lumped together because I think they are both very talented actors, but I've not seen a whole lot of either of them -- Laurie is based on House, and Sense and Sensibility, and Leonard is based on House, Dead Poet's Society, and Chelsea Walls)

::Actresses:: (same system as actors)
1. Kate Winslet
2. Cate Blanchett
3. Scarlett Johansson
4. Julianne Moore
5. Emma Thompson
-----------------
6. Gwyneth Paltrow
7. Nicole Kidman
8. Robin Wright Penn
9. Miranda Otto/Michelle Pfeiffer
10. Emily Mortimer/Emily Watson/Samantha Morton (these three actress are in the same boat as Hugh Laurie and Robert Sean Leonard --- I think all three of them are talented, but I can only base that opinion on a small number of movies for each of them, so I have lumped them together as well)

Not exactly ten. But close enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, you're getting lots and lots of work done.

Ali said...

I love Johnny Depp.

That's all I have to say to that.

Catherine said...

ever notice how kevin spacey never seems to age...