Saturday, September 16, 2006

My life this past week:

MONDAY:
9:00 -- leave for my internship
10:00-6:00 -- work at my internship -- I met this guy named Tyler who works in my building and wanted to hang out sometime --- Seriously, people in this city are really friendly.... some random stranger gave me a calender of Rotwiellers on the bus the other day.. too bad I left it at Ralph's (a grocery store, not a person's house). I also went to this Sept.11 memorial area and lit a candle for Joshua Scott Reiss. I don't know who he is, but he died in the Sept. 11 tragedy so I lit his candle.
7:00 -- get home and get a call from Michael (one of my profs) telling me that my script has been one of the five that was chosen for production for Hollywood Production Workshop (one of our classes). Everyone (48ish people) had to submit a script and then five were chosen to be made.. one of those is mine!!! I was really excited/surpised... but it also meant that I had to boot it over to the centre for a meeting
8:00 -- screening of Finding Neverland
11:00ish -- finish, check my email, and stuff.. go back to the apt
12:00/1:00 -- go to bed

TUESDAY
10:00-12:00 -- Theology in Hollywood class
12:15-2:00 -- Meet with the people who have been chosen to direct the Hollywood Production Workshop scripts and pair up...
2:00-4:00 -- Hollywood Production Workshop class -- read the scripts to the class and begin finding a crew
4:00-4:30 -- keep talking to people about crewing up -- I become producer on my script...
4:30-3:00AM -- edit my film

WEDNESDAY
9:00 -- go to the centre and keep editing my film until class
2:00-4:00 -- Motion Picture Production -- presented my first film! And it didn't get torn to pieces!
4:00-6:00 -- did some running around.. I got asked by these two creepy guys if I needed a ride anywhere (an example of the other side of the really friendly people), I went to Staples, Ralph's, the Post Office.. fun stuff.
6:30 -- meet up with Karin and we make our way to Homeless Karoke. Homeless Karoke is this night that my church participates in... they meet at this mission house on Skid Row and they have a night of karoke with the homeless.. Skid Row is so nuts. There are tons of tents lining the sidewalks, all holding homeless. So we went to go to this.. but we got rather lost. So we didn't end up going.
8:00 -- finally get home, then go to the hottub to hash out some ideas for a friend's film. The first time my body relaxed for the week.
12:00/1:00ish -- go to bed

THURSDAY
10:00 -- get up..
11:00 -- realize that the bus system doesn't work the same way for 11:00 on a thursday as it does for 10:00 on a friday. Crap. Beg Christy to drive me -- she does. She's wonderful.
12:00-4:30 -- work at my internship
6:00 -- get back home (I took some time to check my mail and talk to people at the centre)
7:00 -- go back to the centre for a meeting for all producers and directors.
9:00 -- leave the centre and go directly to Sarah and Patrick's house (they are our Resident's Advisor and Tech guy, respectively... they are SO awesome. I love them) for a book study.
1:00 -- leave Sarah and Patrick's, go to bed

FRIDAY
9:00 -- leave for internship
10:00-6:00 -- work at internship.. run into Tyler again.. he invites me to screening of his 16 minute short.. I decide I probably shouldn't go but tell him thanks.
7:00 -- get back to the centre for meetings with students for crew positions for the film that I wrote and am producing
9:00 -- go home and then go downtown LA to a little cafe there
1:00 -- go to bed

SATURDAY
9:00 -- meet up with Alisha and Caleb to shoot her film
9:30-3:00 -- shoot her film
3:00-7:00 -- go to LA Fashion District with Christy and try to go to Pink's Hotdogs (supposedly the best hotdogs in the US) but the line was too long...
7:00- now -- Making supper. And I'm burnt so I'm tired. Getting ready for my shoot next weekend. Trying to do all kinds of Producer type stuff. Talk to people on the phone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you're bored.

-Lstew

Anonymous said...

hey Steph, now that your producing does that mean you're rich? Can you pay for me to come visit you? ;) I love you kid
Sharon

Jonathan said...

Yeah, when are they going to give you something to do?

Sounds like an amazing life. I hope you keep a copy of your film--I'd love to see it!

I have your number. Thank you.

Jonathan