Friday, September 29, 2006

My question for Robin Williams

Keep your eyes peeled for when Robin Williams appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live -- because you will see yours truly on the show as well!!
Last night, myself and three other friends from LAFSC went to a taping of Jimmy Kimmel Live. Robin Williams was on the show promoting his new movie, Man of the Year. So the show decided to hold a mock press conference as if Robin were actually becoming president. While we were waiting in line we were given a card and asked to write down three questions that we would ask Robin if he were becoming president -- they were supposed to be serious questions about politics and current issues. Well, seeing as I know very little about American politics, I thought I would ask "What are your views on the Canadian/American relationship" -- because, well, that's the only thing I knew to ask. And I got picked!!! I was one out of 6 people who got to ask their question to Robin Williams on camera! :) It was so cool.... They briefed me on my question and what I was supposed to say about 5 or 6 times.. and then I waited for my turn. I went up to the mike and I was like "Hi, my name is Stephanie and I'm from Cambridge, Ontario" and Robin was like "Oh you're from Ontario, eh? Welcome" or something like that.. and I said "Thanks! My question for you is: what is your views on the Canadian/American relationship?"..
Then he responded and it was mucho funny. And the whole thing was on camera.. including me asking the question!
I would relay what he said but I don't really remember it too much and I know I would butcher it if I tried (becuase I already tried once and I definately butchered it).... so you should just wait and see it on the show!
I got to talk with Robin Williams!!!! We interacted on camera!!!!! :) hahaha
I know, you're thinking that well, duh, Steph, it was on last night and it's Jimmy Kimmel LIVE, so I would have missed it. Well, no, not to worry. The part with Robin Williams was taped, but it didn't air last night.. they are airing it another night closer to the release of the movie.. everything else on the show was live -- Anthony Anderson and a mini concert by Ludacris.. but Robin Williams will be showing another night.
I don't know what night that is yet though so keep your eyes open!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Wow, another in a long series of exciting stuff you're doing. Are you actually studying anything? ;-) According to the website, the show with Robin Williams (and you, apparently!) will be aired on October 12th. Too bad I don't own a TV...hmmm, I'll have to get the clip somehow (and you know I can!).

Ali said...

That's AMAZING!!!! I can't wait to watch it!!!! :) Sounds like you're having a blast...

Catherine said...

hoorraaaay!
that's great steph!!

Catherine said...

by the by, I wasn't at the Toronto Film Festival, (as you asked a while back..)
I was at an outdoor concert in toronto, it was exciting, but compared to the film festival it was boring

Anonymous said...

saw part of Jimmy Kimmel last night (well, actually this morning)since we taped movie-star Steph...and...uh...what's-his-face the funny guy

so much poise, so much confidence...where (sob) has my little hick-town Canadian sister gone?

your nieces and nephew were thrilled, Steph...although Lucas actually called you Trish (better come home soon)