Sunday, October 15, 2006

And now for the creepy people

Elaine (my Malaysian roomate) and I shot my last five minute film this past weekend.. It was a lot of fun becuase it was just her and I and we walked down and around 3rd and Fairfax writing words on the sidewalk with chalk --- but we also met a bunch of very interesting males on the streets of LA. Must have been becuase we were just the two of us, and my shirt was a little low. haha
The first weirdo was about early to late 40's and he had a little bit of an accent. Elaine was kneeling down writing some words on the sidewalk when he came up to us.
Creepy man (speaking to me): Hi, is she (speaking about Elaine) Asian?
Me: Yes! She's from Malaysia.
CM: Wow, she is, she is beautiful.
Me: Yes, I know. That's why she's in my film! (kind of joking)
CM: Is she yours?
Me (slightly taken abake): Is she mine? Uhhh.. like, mine? Huh? (Seriously --- is she my slave or something?)
CM: Is she your girlfriend?
Me: Oh... no. No she's not.
CM: (with a hopeful look on his face) So does that mean she's available?
---- Yes, Elaine is still kneeled beside me like a foot away from this man ----
Me: No. She's not available.
CM: Are you positive?
Me: Yes. Yes I am very positive.
CM: Ohh... but she is so beautiful..
He then went on to ask me about my film, etc. A little while later, he found us again in the Grove and asked us if he could help at all; carry anything for me.. I was grossed out.
Then we were filming a bit later and another man of about 40ish was biking past. I said hi because some people are a little put off by filming so I tried to come across as nice.. He said hi and then told me that he really liked what I was wearing. I said thanks.... and then went back to filming. A couple minutes later he was back....
CM2 (speaking to me): Excuse me, but do you think that there's any possibility that I could take you on a date sometime?
Me (slightly shocked): Umm... no. Probably not. I'm only here for a couple of months..
CM2: Oh really? Oh I'm sorry.
Me: That's okay. I'm from Canada so I'll be going back there soon.
CM2: I'm sorry. You just looked so good in your outfit. Did you have a good thanksgiving?
Me: Yeah! Thank you! Goodbye.
Gosh. We also got numerous honks and a couple of whistles out of cars. One guy whistled at me out of his car and then kept raising his eyebrows at me and saying stuff to me which I obviously couldn't hear because he was in his car.

Being a young female in LA can an interesting experience.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I wish I was young an female in L.A. That's probably an expereince I'll never have.

Great stories. Creep guys creep me out...