Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I am thankful for Six Flags

I LOVE ROLLERCOASTERS. Oh my gosh. I am a rollercoaster person!!! I never knew!! This past weekend was our minibreak -- appropriate since it was thanksgiving back at home.. But instead of eating turkey dinner and admiring the fall colours, I spent monday at Six Flags: Magic Mountain riding rollercoasters and basking in the beautiful sunshine! Not a bad trade in my opinion... :)
Though I definately missed my family and the turkey, I couldn't have asked for a better day!!! So far it was probably the best day of the whole semester. I was kind of nervous going becuase the last time I was on a rollercoaster it was ThunderRun at Canada's Wonderland and I was in my early teens. I definately thought that I was not a rollercoaster person. But when I heard that we could go to Six Flags for 15$ if we wanted to, I thought well I can't miss that experience! So I went. And I couldn't be happier I did!!
When we got there a whole group of us started out around the park together. Surprisingly enough I ended up staying with this group the whole day despite that there was around 10-12 of us. Our first ride was Goliath. Oh my gosh. What a way to start.. The first hill on the ride is 255 ft high and the coaster goes 85 miles-per-hour. People black out on this ride. And the last ride I rode was ThunderRun 10 years ago!!!!! I honestly freaked out the entire way up... and it was long way up. And then we went down... and around.. and all over the place. And then it was over and it was the most awesome thing that I had ever experienced!!!!!! I screamed the entire way and I actually put my hands in the air!! :) Look at me go!

Once I did that one I was hooked.... we ended up riding 8 rides through out the day.. and three of those 8 we did twice. The best ride was SCREAM.. it was just a really great ride. Then there was Tatsu -- it flipped the chairs forward so that you're hanging on your stomach through the whole ride, almost like you're flying! So cool.. But the scariest ride was Deja Vu. This ride pulled you back up a tower then drops you into a complete vertical 20-story free fall.. you go through the ride (including a 102 ft tall loop and 110 ft tall butterfly turn) and the end of it rockets you up a 200 ft tower (Yes I'm getting all the numbers from the website).. you're suspended there for a couple seconds and then it lets you go and you do the whole ride again -- except backwards!! OH MY GOSH. I just about died. Myself and three other guys waited in line a little bit longer so that we could be in the front of the ride. I don't know what on earth possessed us to do that. It was the scariest thing I've ever done in my whole life!!!! The first tower that they pull you up.. since we're at the front there is absolutely nothing under you except the ground. I was sooooo freaked out I had my eyes closed through most of the ride and I screamed like there was no tomorrow --- and I almost thought there wouldn't be!!! And yet I came off the ride and thought it was so exhilerating!! What a rush!

It was such a special day. The amusement part atmosphere was so much fun, I ended up loving roller coasters more than I ever thought I would (even though I now I have a soar throat from screaming on every ride), and I spent the day with people that I really wanted to spend the day with -- even if they're giving you statistics about the number of deaths on rides as you're going up the first drop...... haha these people are so great.

No comments: