Friday, October 27, 2006

People in the news

I've seen a lot of interesting people in the last week.
This past weekend was the City of Angels Film Festival, which is run by the director of LAFSC and some of our professors. So I went and saw The Nativity Story (the new movie coming out in December about the birth of Christ) on the Friday night, and then I volunteered on Saturday and Sunday night. The guest of honour for the festival was Randall Wallace -- the writer of Braveheart and writer/director of Man in the Iron Mask and We Were Soldiers. He was such a sweet man!! He said that I was pretty.. :) I got a picture with him which was cool.
Then today I was at Film Independent's Filmmaker Forum... which is a two day event geared towards indie filmmakers. My dept was working the event so I spent the whole day there. It was really great. The whole day consisted of eating and listening to panels. I got to meet some really cool people there too -- Faye Dunaway was there, which was really cool... she's a really beautiful woman for her age. I also got to talk to the Polish brothers (two indie film directors who are starting to become more well known), and the directors and the people who filmed Wordplay.... also there was Stephanie Allain (producer of Hustle and Flow), Lindsay Doran (producer of Stranger than Fiction, Sense and Sensibility, and Nanny McPhee), and other producers of big name projects. It was a really fun day and I learned a lot about filmmaking!
There was also this guy who came up to me and asked me where I was from. When I said I was from Ontario, Canada, he told me that "Wow, there are so many beautiful people that come from that city -- and you continue to prove that"... oh my gosh. smooth buddy. smooth.
On that note, he is probably the fourth guy in the past couple of days who has told me that I'm beautiful. My poor ego -- I think it's definately suffering.... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What!!! Lindsey Doran!!!!I'm too jeleous!! She's my most favourite crazy producer ever!! Why do you get to meet all the fun people! Not fair!

Anonymous said...

but you are pretty.