Sunday, December 31, 2006

opinions on nothings

So. I really don't like winter. I think it's depressing and cold. I mean, it's great for Christmas because Christmas wouldn't be Christmas if it was warm (although seriously. This year?), but I'm just not a fan. I hate being cold and I don't really like winter clothes. You just can't be as creative, I find. Granted, summer clothes can lend itself to the scank factor, but there's alot you can do with them because you don't have to worry so much about keeping your body warm.
This Christmas holiday has been a time for me to catch up on some much needed movie watching. I'm not talking about getting ready for the oscars or going through the golden globe nominees (although this is on my list too), I'm talking about the movies that most people who have an interest in film as more than entertainment have seen, but I haven't. The Godfather. A Woody Allen film. Kill Bill. Schindler's List. American History X. And the list is no where near done. I realized while in California that I have many many classic movies to see if I'm at all serious about film or film studies (which I am). On the Waterfront. The other 2 Godfather movies. Casablanca. Citizen Kane. Pulp Fiction... So much movie watching -- so little time!!
In terms of contemporary films, I will hopefully be seeing some this week that include "the Queen", "Babel", and "Pan's Labyrinth". I've heard good things about all of them so I'm very excited. Also on my must see list is "Children of Men" -- said to be one of the best movies of 2006.
Alright. I think I have babbled enough. Goodness -- I wish there was something interesting to post.

No comments: