Monday, August 14, 2006

a highway proposal

So yesterday, T and I are driving to London to see "Please Give Generously" -- a delightful, thought-provoking show by JonH -- so we're booting along the 401, when this van of young men (good looking young men might I add) come up beside us. I happen to look over at them and the driver gives me a cheerful wave, which I copy equally as cheerfully.
We keep driving.
We happen to pass by them a couple more times, accompanied by some "peering over at the other vehicle" by both parties. We then notice that these boys are from Quebec!!! Les fils francais!!! So we get a little more excited about this little car tag game we have going on..
Then one of the guys puts a sign on their window saying "Where are you going?" We point to the sign saying LONDON and our exit that seems to be too-quickly approaching. They then furiously scribble something else down and speed up beside us: "Do you want to go for a drink?" Oh goodness. The possibility of going out for a drink with French boys. But due to the fact that we were on our way to a play that was starting within the hour, we made grand gestures of pointing to our watch, shaking our head, and yelling "NO TIME" (though they couldn't hear us). Then we had to exit so we waved goodbye while silently crying inside.
Sometimes I wonder about all the missed opportunities I've had and what would have happened had I taken them...

No comments: