Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Let me off!!

Good news: I still have three days before I leave.
Bad news: I went to the Lewiston border, and they told me that either I was a) taking someone's job that they could get paid for (when I explained that I was doing an unpaid internship) or b) since I'm going to school, the school should be able to issue an I-20, and since they can't do that then they are a uncredited school and I am not permitted under immigration law to go there (when I explained that I'm going to school but getting credit in Canada). I hate the American Government!

Good news: Looks like I need a DS2019 (an exchange visa) to get across the border.
Bad news: I don't know if LAFSC can get me a DS2019.

Good news: LA is three hours behind us, so the LAFSC director still has all day today to place calls and talk to everyone and anyone who can help me and see if I can get this DS2019.
Bad news: I only have three days before I leave.

Good news: Everyone I've talked to has told me that they are praying for me (thank you).
Bad news: So far, nothing (and I really mean nothing) has been going well, and I've been met with obstacle after obstacle after obstacle. It's getting much harder to stay composed and not lose it completely.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Oh Steph what will happen? Keep us updated... you leave tomorrow??? Holy cow.