Monday, August 28, 2006

week one: week crazy

My first celebrity has been spotted............... Jada Pinkett Smith!!! Oooh aaaah. I know. Things are just so cool here in LA. I didn't meet the woman or anything, but we happened to turn down the wrong street coming back from church (something that has been happening frequently -- we have a hard time with directions here) and she was talking to some people on the sidewalk! It was pretty rocking. The church we went to was so great -- the worship was rocking (a lot of musicians in this place) and there were so many people who were just out there -- tattoos and the like -- but with a passion for Jesus. It was so encouraging for me to find such a thriving Christian community here!!! Please continually pray for the ministry here in Hollywood -- I have been more exposed to on-fire Christians in the last week here than I have in a long time. It's so great.
We've been really touristy this past week... we went to Hollywood Blvd -- toured the Grauman's Egyptian Theatre, went to the Chinese Theatre (where celebrities have put their hand and feet imprints in cement), a wax museum, and the Guiness Records museum... We also went to the Getty Museum which is this beautiful art museum at the top of a mountain looking over smoggy LA. Tonight we are talking with Tony Hale -- he plays Buster on Arrested Development. I just finished Season One ---- this show is HILARIOUS. So good ---- too bad it just got cancelled. Yet another amazing show that Fox has ousted. Stupid Fox.
This week I'm being thrown into everything. I start filming my first short film on Saturday --- EEEK!! I just learned how to work a camera on thursday! :) I am supposed to be getting a call for an interview for my internship --- Chris (our awesome internship contact person) is calling Film Independent to see if I can get an interview there. They do the LA Film Festival and do alot of workshops and stuff like that for independent film makers. So I'm really excited about that. We'll see where it goes!
I am really starting to feel at home here. I'm loving LA, even though it's rather overwhelming.
Also --- hurrah for Mariska Hartigay for winning an Emmy!!!!! Hooohaw!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arrested Development is brilliant. Im more than a little jealous that you met Buster.

LStew said...

i checked out a large amount of yer pics on face book. love 'em. muah!

Brett Alan Dewing said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brett Alan Dewing said...

Nice blog. Hot Pic!