Sunday, October 24, 2004

Buff firemen. My specialty.

Mmmmmmmmm.... Joaquin Pheonix. On friday I went to go see Ladder 49 with two of my roomates Amy and Cheryl.. Okay, first of all, it has come to my attention that I watch too many movies. Honestly, I don't think 2 movies a week is all that bad. I mean really, I am a theatre major.... heeeellloo. And I still get my work done. But yet my roomates tell me that myself and my fellow movie buff, Sharon, watch too many movies. You'd think there would be other things to do besides watching movies (and studying of course) around here. But let me give you an example situation: the other day Sharon and I were scotch free of stuff to do (and in self-denial that I had a paper due in a day) so she said to me "let's do something" ...I frantically searched my brain for something exciting and exhilerating to do other than watching a movie.... and wouldn't you know it. NOTHING came up. Therefore, we watched a movie. Now see, if we had found something to do that really didn't require much energy and that allowed us to escape from our menial existence for a couple hours, then heck, I don't believe we would have watched a movie. But the point in fact is that we didn't. What a sad world we live in.
Okay, so now I come to Joaquin Pheonix ---- so sorry to have put him on hold. Yes, we saw Ladder 49 on friday... I'm still reeling. It was such a good movie. And how much do I enjoy my wonderful Leaf Pheonix. I think this movie was one of his better ones to date. Of course L49 couldn't quite beat his fabulous portrayal of Commodus in Gladiator... but it takes a lot to do that! But this movie is really good publicity for him because he's the big gahoona in this one. Although it makes me kind of sad now that he's becoming way more famous, because he's no longer a wonderful well-kept secret.. :( But this movie... seriously cried and cried. And yet, I came out of there really wanting to marry a firefighter... especially if it is Mr. Pheonix. Yum yum yum. He is one buff and attractive man. John Travolta was surprising alright. I'm not a huge fan of him, but he wasn't too bad.
So yeah, four thumbs up, and definate ownerige when it hits stores.
In other news I hit my head... again. I think I'm going to have perminate brain damage some day. This time I hit the back of my head in that spot right where your neck stops and your head begins. I was sitting down and I went to lie down and I wacked it really hard on a rediculously low children's table. We were having a break during rehersal yesterday. Let's just say the rest of rehersal was rather painful and a little out of focus. I really should stop doing these things.
My cousin Heather got married yesterday. She's three years older than me and we hung out together at every family thing. I'm so incredibly happy for her, yet completely weirded out. It still hasn't really sunk in that she's married -- she's only 3 years older than me! And the family all thinks that I'm going to be next. Yikes. That means I have hit "you-could-possibly-get-married" age. Double yikes. Someone help me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my mom has been hinting at grandkids. i don't even have a girlfriend..

and joaquin phoenix is great. he was better than russel crowe in gladiator i thought.

~ scott

stephanie said...

Amen brother.