Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Return to the rat race

I am not dead.
No really. It has been sooo long since I have written on this blog -- one could begin to wonder. The world which enveloped this blog from the start (aka Europe) seems soooo painfully far away. So many times I have had sudden pangs of longing for the lands of beautiful lilting accents and rolling green hills. I have had so many conflicting feelings about traveling of late ... the more I see of Ireland and England (in movies, pictures, books etc), the more I feel like I don't belong in Canada. But yet I don't think I could perminately leave the safe shroud of the ones I dearly love. I don't want to live in Canada anymore, but I can't leave my family and friends and the security of my world here. What is beautiful scenery if you don't have those close to you to share it with?
My life since returning to Canada has been hectic. It makes me long for the tranquility and peacefulness of Ire/England even more, but in some respects I enjoy being busy. I did miss Redeemer during the summer and it's nice to be back, but there have been many a struggle in the short month since I've returned. My first biggest struggle was jetleg. Jetleg coming back from a trip is WAY worse than when going there. It also didn't help that I went to a concert the day after our return, basically pulling an allnighter, according to my body (the concert was from 7-12PM, -- 1-6AM to me). But the singer was my good friend Joel Geleynse so it was a good cause. And he even kept me awake -- that's how good he is! :) Besides the concert, I moved into my dorm and got shoved into middle of things at Redeemer. I was a week late so all my classes had already met at least once... it was a struggle to get everything I missed and stay on top of the new stuff.. Second year is much more stressful and time-consuming than first year! I have no time to do anything anymore. All I do is read and go to class.
There have also been major computer issues to deal with.. such as not having the internet until YESTERDAY... and also having problems with my floppy drive, preventing me from handing in papers.. grrr
And on top of all that, I had auditions for this year's mainstage... it was a full week process becuase there are only four roles to hand out (all of which are female -- so I was okay in that catergory), but by the end I found out that I had gotten one!!! This is a MAJORLY EXCITING thing for me. But there being only four roles, it's also MAJORLY time consuming! That, with my six other courses, keeps me pretty busy! The play is called Perfect Pie and it's by a Torontonian, Judith Thompson. It is going to be soooo good -- the techies almost started crying just on the first read through.. we weren't even acting yet! It's a really powerful play and I encourage anyone and everyone to come out... November 23-27.. more details will come as I continue the rehersal process.
It's 2:00 AM (my usual bedtime since I got here... ), need to go read history and work on a theatre presentation... I love school

No comments: