Friday, October 29, 2004

I like finding new singers.

Well, I'm here at home, sitting with my sister at the computer, listening to a wonderful singer by the name of Hayley Westenra... a New Zealand singer who is kind of like Charlotte Church, but, in my opinion, she might be better (sorry Sharon, but I think she is.. you'll have to hear her -- I think you'd like). Okay, so now she's done and I'm listening to Maire Brennan, who is equally as entertaining. Although she's singing a song right now that I think is supposed to say "change the words, don't change the feeling" but we think it is really saying "change the herds, don't change the feeding". What a funny song.
So I have just had WAY too much theatre rehersal for anybody's good, especially mine. Because we're on reading break right now that means.. lots of rehersal time! We had practice 7-10 Wednesday night, 9-1 Thursday and 10-4 today. Wow. We worked on the second act. And I'm so proud to say that I have basically commited all of act 2 to memory! Yeeehaw! I have one scene that I have to memorize yet, but that should go pretty quickly since in the course of one rehersal I go over those lines at least 4-5 times. Now I just have to work on the stuff at the beginning, and my page and a 1/2 monologue, ending act 1. wahoo. I am starting to get a little nervous -- I have never had to memorize as much as I do for this play .. it's sooo overwhelming.. and the play is less than a month away! ACH! But I'm really enjoying working with the cast and director and stage managers etc.. I love my character and this play seems so ... fulfilling somehow, I don't know.
My head still hurts, but not as much. I'm not too worried since I did some research and I think I sustained a mild concussion when I wacked it on the table. Who knew you could get a mild concussion from hitting your head on a table?!?! But yeah, I've had lots of headaches, dizziness, nausea.. all that fun stuff. Not cool.
So yeah, I'm a little sore, but basically happy. Maire Brennan is still entertaining. And Viggo Mortensen is still darn sexy. Life is good.

No comments: